Malahide Golf Club, situated in North County Dublin, is a 27-hole parkland golf course which is enjoyed by members and visitors alike. The golf course is located about two kilometres from the centre of the Dublin seaside villages of Malahide and Portmarnock. Malahide Golf Club was founded in 1892 and is one of the oldest golf clubs in Ireland. The club moved to its present location in 1990.
The golf course offers 27 holes of varying challenges (Blue 9 & Red 9 combined for 18 holes), created by the combination of water hazards, trees and raised greens on all three nines. The golf course was originally designed by Eddie Hackett, the distinguished golf course architect, who was responsible for some of the best-known Irish golf courses in the past 30 years. In 2006/7 the Blue Nine was redeveloped and more recently the Red Nine is also being redeveloped in 2009/10 by the renowned Golf Architect Jeff Howes, further enhancing and developing the challenges.
Members and visitors are well served in the fine clubhouse overlooking the course and with views across Dublin city to the Wicklow Mountains beyond. A full restaurant is available for dining.
The Golf Club is located close to both Dublin Airport and Dublin city and is easily accessed from the M50 and M1 motorways and, therefore, easy to get to from the rest of Ireland.
The motto of the Club is "A light heart and a cheerful spirit" and this typifies the welcome extended to all. A very pleasurable course to play, where any dangers that do lurk ahead can be seen before played.