Muskerry Golf Club
In 1924, world-famous golf course architect Alister MacKenzie was commissioned to design a new extension for the Muskerry Golf Club in County Cork.
With an increase from nine holes to 18, he presented plans that would later make him famous throughout Ireland and abroad as one of the most important architects ever known.
The World of Golf magazine (Irish Section) in 1907 reported on the growth and development of Cork’s Muskerry golf club, which has emerged as a friendly rival to its counterpart.
As more people were drawn to this new course, it quickly became one that must be reckoned with for any up-and-coming golfer who wanted their shot at Irish glory.