Braemar Golf Club
Within two years of its establishment in 1902, a course was laid out and John MacDonald began cutting the fairways with horse-drawn mowers. In 2002, Braemar Golf Club celebrated their 100th anniversary.
Members raised funds for building a bridge across the River Clunie – Lord Pirrie oversaw the construction himself as head of one of Belfast’s largest companies at the time: Harland & Wolff Shipyard (which built RMS Titanic).
In 2011, a centennial year was marked by enlargement from 9 holes to 18 holes under leadership Capt Charles Martin who started his career cleaning greenskeeper MacDonald’s boots!